Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Latest (May) updated version not available on Playstore as of yet

Monday 6 May
by Angstrom
in forum cycle.travel
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Hello Richard,

I received a newsletter through Patreon informing me of an update of the c.t app (both Android and iOS).

I was looking for the announced changes and saw none, realizing that my app hadn't been updated (I have it set to automatic update). After checking, the last update on the Playstore (at least here in France) is 1.2, dated March 2nd.

Is there a delay in your posting of the update or is it a problem on the Playstore Google ?

Thank you.

Comments

Mon 6 May, 12:21

It appears to be a problem with the Play Store: I have an email from them yesterday saying “Your update to cycle.travel, created on May 4, 2024 at 4:04 PM GMT, is live”… but it doesn’t seem to be showing up everywhere. Sigh. I’ll poke them.

Mon 6 May, 21:40

Thanks. No hurry.

Tue 7 May, 10:43

It should be there now – let me know if not!

Tue 7 May, 11:45

Hi Richard, just an FYI not a whinge.

I downloaded the new version of the Android App yesterday.

I have been busy adding markers on the website, a variety of symbols, all labelled as 'private'.

Interestingly, the app will show some of these markers but not the ones labelled as tents. I've just done a quick test, relabelling a tent as an !, reopening the app and it shows up as the !.

It's no biggie but I thought you'd like to know. 

The same markers will show up on the other (app) map styles. I've tried adjusting the zoom and it appears to make no difference.

CT Website view

CT App view

Wed 8 May, 17:32

Ah, rats. I called the icon “camping” in one place and “campsite” in another. Will put out a fix in the next few days – thanks for spotting.

Thu 9 May, 10:20

No rush! Thank you!