Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Phone app

18 Jun 2023
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

I plot a route on cycle travel then press to open in app I use komoot but it doesn't find the app I assume it's a settings problem any ideas anybody 

Comments

Sun 18 Jun 2023, 22:27

Sorry, David, maybe it's me but I'm finding it very hard to understand your situation.

First of all, are you on Android or Apple?

Do you create the route on the CycleTravel App, on the website or on your phone using the website?

When you say "it doesn't find the app" do you mean that Komoot cannot find the gpx or tcx file?

Assuming you are using Android:

First make sure the file (gpx or tcx) is on your phone by downloading it.

Then, using your File Manager find the file (most likely in the "Downloads" folder and click on it. You should have the choice of selecting which app so choose Komoot. When it offers you the choice of saving as a "planned" or "completed tour" choose Planned.

It will probably ask you to choose between "original route" or "stick to known ways". If you want the exact copy of your route choose "original". Selecting "known ways" may lead to changes in your route, I believe.*

Now your route is in Komoot.

If this doesn't work, please come back with some more detail.

* This can be an issue with taking a route planned in one app and using it in another. My understanding is that if the maps don't fully align, then there can be small variances between one and another.

Mon 19 Jun 2023, 17:47

It's not you it's me I have sorted the problem I have by sending the route to my email then opening it thanks for your reply