Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Lodging via Booking. Com??

12 Sep 2023
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

I am not having  any luck with this option.  We are currently touring  in France and if I click on a hotel in the Book link after filling in the dates it just doesn't work. It does not take me to an option to book. 

Is it because I have a VPN? 

Comments

Sun 17 Sep 2023, 17:32

We are now in Germany and it is still  not

functioning. 

Would appreciate some advice. 

Thanks! 

Sun 17 Sep 2023, 20:12

Kathy, you asked this before and have provided no answers to the questions asked then.

An example is always helpful.

Germany is a big place but having done a test I can book accommodation on Booking both for today and in the future. The first place I tried is unavailable today and at several random dates in the future. 

I am a signed in member of the Booking App as well as a subscriber to CT. And using a VPN.

If you are at the point of inputting dates then you are well outside the "operating space" of CT and the issue lies with Booking. Good luck with their customer service. It's crap. 

A VPN issue is unlikely. Most likely the places you are looking for are unavailable. 

Booking can be searched on a map and offers the option of plotting a route via Osmand or Komoot (in case of emergency!) from your current location (or anywhere else) to the accommodation.

If you don't have a Booking account I suggest opening one. AirBnB or Expedia are alternatives. 

Sun 17 Sep 2023, 20:48

As Hobbes says, once you’re onto the hotel page, you’re on booking.com and it’s out of my control – sorry!

I wouldn’t entirely rule out a VPN issue – certainly some travel websites have historically been a bit frosty about VPNs because they like to offer different prices in different countries. It might be worth trying with the VPN disabled at some point.

Mon 18 Sep 2023, 08:22

I have found a "work around ". When we find a hotel that is along the route we then take the name and go to our Booking.com app and it seems to like that process. 

As to an example.  When would tap on a hotel icon then select Booking.com withe the selected dates nothing will happen.  It just refreshes the page.  But now we have a work around we can stop sleeping in  us shelters!