Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Search facility on your site for News or forum topics

9 Sep 2023
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Richard,

Do you have search  ‘facility’ for News or forum topics  on the site? Apologies if I’ve missed this but I have been looking but not found one.

Regards

John Buswell

Comments

Sat 9 Sep 2023, 18:58

Richard, I'm sure that's on the way at some stage, but in the meantime this might help:

1. Go to Google.com.

2. Type “site:” followed by the name of the website you’re searching.

3. Follow the website name with a single space, then type the search phrase.

4. Hit Enter or Return to begin the search.

So, for example site: cycle.travel elevation

Will return:

You can see it's a selection of posts from this forum as well as "official" posts from Richard.

Ironically, .-) a general Google search will offer up more options and details such as: https://www.bluleadz.com/blog/how-to-use-google-site-search

Sun 10 Sep 2023, 10:05

There is a search box in the top right of the screen, too. You can type (say) ‘elevation’ in there and it’ll find stuff. It searches everything though, not just forum posts.

Sun 10 Sep 2023, 11:18

Thanks both.

Sun 10 Sep 2023, 13:29

Well what a chump! I thought I’d seen it before but then thought I must be going mad. Then when Richard said “it is on the top right of the screen”, I looked and looked and still couldn’t see it. Until I turned my iPhone’landscape’ orientation ( never ever use it that orientation of course) .. and there it is!

Sun 10 Sep 2023, 20:22
There is a search box in the top right of the screen, too. You can type (say) ‘elevation’ in there and it’ll find stuff. It searches everything though, not just forum posts.

;-) Trust me to miss the obvious!

I think I'm thinking like John and not seeing the search box on the small screen of the phone.