Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Printing Routes

22 Apr 2023
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Suddenly I am no longer able to print out my plotted routes other than as a cue sheet - what do I hnneed to be able to print a map?

Comments

Sat 22 Apr 2023, 12:26

Perhaps this will help?

https://cycle.travel/by/richard_fairhurst/a_note_on_our_pdf_maps

It seems that because of the resources needed that some of the functionality is behind a paywall since November. It's made clear that this is the only part to go behind a paywall.

You can become a supporter here:

https://www.patreon.com/join/cycle_travel

I use PayPal as a way to "insulate" my credit card.

One advantage is that we receive a monthly email that lists the developments of the site and app, some of which are not always easy to see or find here.

It's literally the price of a coffee (or coffee and cake) every month. Fantastic value! 

Sat 22 Apr 2023, 12:52

Hobbies,

You mentioned PayPal.  I didn't think this was an option and had to use Patreon

Sat 22 Apr 2023, 14:02

First of all, it's Hobbes - not Hobbies. Hobbies are interesting but Hobbes is a free thinking, adventurous tiger :-)

Patreon is the service that Richard uses to receive the money. That way he has no direct access to my payment info and Patreon can organise add-ons like the monthly email update. 

Paypal is the service that I use to pay the money. It is an extra layer between my credit card and Patreon. It's possible to pay Patreon direct with a credit card too. There may be other options, perhaps ApplePay or Google. Patreon has a very good reputation. There should be no issue paying directly. 

Sat 22 Apr 2023, 14:04

I just googled and Patreon accept: Credit Cards, PayPal, Sofort, Apple Pay & Venmo

Sun 23 Apr 2023, 02:28

So Hobbes do you have any  Hobbies 😁😁

Mon 24 Apr 2023, 15:23

Hobbes is right as usual – I really don’t like to put existing features behind a paywall, but unfortunately generating the PDF maps takes up a lot of server time. It effectively stalls the map generation server for everyone for several seconds. If you become a supporter it’ll work again (you can always cancel being a supporter once you’re done, though obviously I’d encourage you not to!).