Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Change the landing page of "My" on CT

14 Apr 2023
by Angstrom
in forum cycle.travel
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Hello,

This is a small detail but I find it cumbersome to have to go through 2 clicks/touches to be able to open a saved route.

Why does "Travelogue" get precedence over "Journeys" when I click "My" on the top right corner?

I publish very few travelogues and they are first. Plus those I see aren't travelogues anyway but postings on the forum.

But that's a different question.

This could get a small facelift IMHO.

Thanks.

Comments

Sat 15 Apr 2023, 13:35

I would agree with this request.

When on tour with limited batters, maybe GSM data (in poor coverage) or really slow shared Wi-Fi having to go to the "Travelogues" Page then switch to "Journeys" page wastes power and data (slow/limited).

"Travelogues" seems more of a registered users landing page and I'd expect most people going to "My" will almost immediately switch to Journeys.

Sun 16 Apr 2023, 00:23

I agree. “Journeys” is my destination (so to speak) most of the time. 

Tue 25 Apr 2023, 19:43

I have scratched my head a bit about this. It’s one of those things that should be simple, but has all sorts of ramifications for the user interface and the way the navigation works internally. Right now I can’t see an easy way to do it without reworking massive amounts of stuff, though I’ll keep thinking.

I have been sketching out new designs for this part of the site for a while – I have a lot of ideas for things I’d like to do better. But if I work on that now then the Android app will never get finished. 😉

I wouldn’t worry unduly about power/data – pretty much everything that’s on the journeys page is also either on the travelogues or the map, so with the exception of the base HTML page itself (just 10k), it’ll load from cache 99% of the time.

Sat 29 Apr 2023, 12:56

You can add the Journeys page to your Home Screen:  on Android phones go to your Journeys page, click the "menu" icon (bottom right on my phone), Select "Add page to", then select Home Screen.  It pops up as an icon on your home screen, and (should have your Username under the icon) and takes you straight to your Journeys.
Another option is to save a link to your Journey's page in Evernote or any other cloud storage you use.