Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Private routes

18 May 2020
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Hi, Richard, I have just noticed when saving a route you have added a Make Private checkbox, that works fine but if I then just go back to the route and then save the route it becomes public again. Thanks.

Comments

Tue 19 May 2020, 15:04

Oh yes! Fixed; thanks for spotting.

Tue 19 May 2020, 16:31

Thanks for the fix. Is it possible to look at something else.When you create a route and save it in a folder, when you go to edit and re-save, the drop down list always says no folder as the 'default' choice, is it possible to put the folder from where the route was located as the 'default' choice so someone could just click save. Thanks.

Wed 20 May 2020, 09:37

That should be fixed now.

Wed 20 May 2020, 09:45

Thank you.

Thu 21 May 2020, 10:49

Thank you both from me too, it is indeed fixed :-)

Sun 2 May 2021, 00:21

Ahh,, I've just saved my first route and wanted it to be private, but having noticed that a description would force it to be public unclicked that option, but then forgot to click the private box before saving.  There seems to be no way to make a route private again once it is public.  Nor does it seem to be possible to delete a route once made public. I really don't want this route public as it would reveal my private address. Please set the privacy tag or delete it (GrosKleinBeeren).  Thanks!

Sun 2 May 2021, 09:46

You can set it to be private from your ‘Journeys’ page - click ‘My bike’, then ‘Journeys’, then the sunglasses!

Sun 2 May 2021, 18:38

Thank you. 

Just wonder if a default of "private" might be helpful at that point, especially when refreshing the page after the description box has been unclicked.  Not a high priority.

Fri 9 Feb, 02:47

I also think routes should default to private. It is easy to forget to make them private. Accidentally leaving routes private is much better than accidentally leaving them public!

Sun 11 Feb, 15:42

I don’t think there’s a single right answer to this – defaulting to private will lead to issues where people want to share routes with their friends but don’t realise they’re unable to do so. But I’ll have a look at making it a user preference so you can set your own default if you want!

Wed 14 Feb, 01:28

Cheers!