Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Supporter feedback

29 Apr 2019
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

I noticed the supporter function the other day and signed up as coffee.

The pertinent feedback is that I'd begun to sign up as cake but was deterred from doing so by the mention of the possibility of an uncertain currency charge (I may have got the wording wrong, but I expect you'll know what I mean). I imagine you have good reasons for choosing a USD based system however expect that if I've hesitated, then others will. I'm not complaining, just trying to give helpful feedback. If it's possible, perhaps some indicative values of charges may help with confidence.

Once I have some knowledge about what charges paypal impose, I'll consider upgrading to my original intent.

Please do keep up the good work.

Graham

Comments

Mon 29 Apr 2019, 15:05

I was wondering if you have a way to contribute via PayPal. As we are not familiar with this other platform.

Mon 29 Apr 2019, 20:21

I am paying from my UK Paypal account in to Paetron. What I don't really understand is what I'll actually be paying as UKP come out of my Paypal account and USD goes in to Paetron. All will be revealed on May 1st...................

Tue 30 Apr 2019, 11:14

Thanks for the suggestion (and for signing up!). Patreon has a whole lot of helpful stuff around donations which is why I’ve chosen them – they make it easy to do newsletters, integrate with the site (for the little cake icons etc.), and so on, though I do agree the USD thing is a bit of a pain.

But I’ll look into Paypal and see if it’s feasible to offer that as an extra option.