Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

GPS

Thursday 22 February
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

How do I turn on the GPS? Can I just select a map and use GPS to locate my position on it?

Comments

Fri 23 Feb, 08:36

There's not a lot there to work on, Douglas!

Assuming you're talking about the app, I can only offer experience of the Android version.

The app should work as you have described (bear in mind that if you're inside the phone may struggle to connect with satellites). There is a "target" type icon on the top right of the screen. Tap that to centre on your location. 

Otherwise check that GPS/Location is active in your settings. For me, I "flick" down from the top right of my screen and I can see if GPS (Location) is on or off.

After that, if still not working as expected, check "Settings", the "Privacy" and amongst the headings you'll see "Location". By tapping that you'll see what apps have permission to use the gps/location function: CT should be on that list. (Different versions of Android may use slightly different labels)

If it's not on the list, I'd delete the app and re-download it. When the new version is starting up watch out for the message to grant permission to use location. Agree and you should be good to go. (There are other ways to do this but I prefer the simple way!)

For IOS the process should be similar. Should be! :-)