Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Use my current location

21 Jun 2023
by Zaragoza
in forum cycle.travel
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Good morning,  

I'm using the chrome browser ( android mobile) and when I try to set a route from "" current location" the Web pop up a message """ I have to give access to the Web"".  I've tried to find where to admit the geolocation but....  Could you please tell me how to solve it? Thanks a lot! 

Comments

Wed 21 Jun 2023, 12:05

Zaragoza (Great place!), this might sound tricky bu it's not too difficult. Also, your version of Android may be different than mine so some labels might be a bit different.

First thing, go to "Settiings" on the main menu on your phone and look for something like "Privacy & Protection". Here you will see what Apps have "Location" on or off (and various degrees of it). Make sure that Chrome allows location.

Then open Chrome, open CT on Chrome and try to use your location. You should get a message like "CT wants to use your location" with a few possible repsonses: deny, ask first or always. Do not choose deny! :-)

To check, hit the three vertical dots in the top right of the screen. Hit "Settings", then "Site Settings".

Here, you should see "Location" and its status (which should be "on" or "ask first".

Hit "location" and you should see a list (possibly 2) of sites that are allowed access your location. Cycle Travel should be under "Allowed".

You should be good to go!

Some people are concerned about their location being tracked and may find all this very confusing. A simple way around this is to leave location off on the main browser (Chrome) and use a secondary browser (eg Firefox) with location enabled. This will let you plan routes in Firefox and still do everything else with them in Chrome.   

Wed 21 Jun 2023, 16:45

Yesssss!! You're super!! Thanks a lot. Now it works properly. 

Maybe at the beginning, when I registered in CT I automatically press denied option to GPS location because it was specifically denied for CT.

Thanks again!