Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

App query

2 May 2023
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

I have just started to use the app and think it looks really great.  But i am having a few issues with it.  I opened a route that i had planned on the website and for some reason it thinks i am already 7.3km along the route.  Can't seem to get it to go back to the start.  I was nowhere near the route at the time

Thanks for any insights!

Comments

Tue 2 May 2023, 20:48

Could you say what the name of that route is?

Wed 3 May 2023, 11:30

South Q to Ness Day 1.  Thanks Richard

Wed 3 May 2023, 13:26

I think it’s because your route doubles back on itself: it starts at the harbour, heads east to the railway bridge, and then turns back west towards the road bridge. The app is looking to find where you are on the route, and settling for the second time you go along the High Street (i.e. on the way back from the railway bridge, when you’ve already done several kilometres) rather than the first time. The app does need to do a better job of routes like this, and circular routes too, though it won’t be an easy one to fix!

Wed 3 May 2023, 16:55

I'll have to take a look at that 

Wed 3 May 2023, 16:59

yes you're right - i have moved the start point to the right spot (not quite sure how that overlap happened ..) and the app is now showing Distance done at 0km.  And i've looked at another couple too.  So my fault!!