Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Unable to upload GPX files

30 Apr 2023
by Pricey62
in forum cycle.travel
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Hi, all,

Not sure if this is a glitch which has arisen, but I'm suddenly unable to upload GPX files to use them in cycle.travel. I browse to the GPX file on my desk top and give it a title. When I select 'start upload' I get a page with 'Choose a Track - Upload'. I select 'Upload' (don't recall that step previously, but that may be my poor memory). Then, after thinking about it for a little while, I'm told: 'Sorry. The task failed because of an error: undefined method `css' for nil:NilClass'. I don't know what that means, but I can upload the GPX files onto other web pages (Komoot, for example), so it doesn't seem to be the GPX file that's corrupted.

Comments

Sun 30 Apr 2023, 20:13

I just checked (using Android phone) and the upload worked as normal. 

Perhaps if you tell us your phone/computer setup someone with similar can test it out for you? 

I sometimes have a problem uploading but that's down to my clumsiness on a small, touch-sensitive screen whereby I'll inadvertently deselect a route for uploading. 

In the meantime you could try an alternative browser? 

Sun 30 Apr 2023, 20:17

Weird! I tried a file from another source (Strava) and it worked fine - not checked these two yet. Must be me...it generally is! :-)

Sun 30 Apr 2023, 20:18

Just tried again - it's definitely something about those files it doesn't like. Oh, well, not to worry - there are worse things going on in the world! :-)

Sun 30 Apr 2023, 20:54

Can you email me the file? [email protected]

Thu 11 May 2023, 17:37

Sorry, Richard, I've only just seen your reply - apologies.  About to email one to you.