Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Links to health and fitness

3 Mar 2023
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Are there any plans for the app to link to the health and fitness apps on iOS? Or does this option exist already? Thanks

Comments

Sat 4 Mar 2023, 12:42

Interesting idea. Because c.t is a routing and navigation app, rather than a ride-recording app, it hadn’t occurred to me that there might be a connection. But then I confess I don’t really know the health/fitness side of the iPhone. What would it be useful to do?

Sun 5 Mar 2023, 11:53

My tuppenceworth would be to stay away from it.

Depending on the degree of data required (and most of it is so general as to be pretty unspecific and not terribly useful) it would add a huge degree of complexity to CT. 

CT is a planner, an excellent planner, and I'd rather see it as a master of that than a Jack of all trades. I love how it has developed over time, is still developing and how people here get to interact with the developer and I'd hate to see those things diffused by heading off in different directions.

Too many of the other planners are either trying to do too many things or too complicated to use.

There are apps specific to tracking health and performance data.

Besides, as an Android user, my selfish side says the i-People have enough to be going on with :-) (And that is absolutely not meant to apply any pressure)

Sat 18 Mar 2023, 03:27

As an iOS user, my 2¢ is the same as HobbesOnTour. 

Users who want to record an 'outdoor cycling workout' always have the option to initiate it manually. (The Apple Watch has gotten quite good at inferring that one is cycling and offers to start the workout.)

Tue 28 Mar 2023, 09:17

Agree with the point about Apple Watch - super convinient thing for tasks like this