Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

The app

15 Jan 2023
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Please can you tell me why the app is just giving me the open street map and not the cycle travel route planner ?

Comments

Mon 16 Jan 2023, 15:44

Possibly!

Does it look like this?

Tue 17 Jan 2023, 17:33

Yes it does !

Mon 23 Jan 2023, 21:52

Hello Again

Any advice on the app just giving me the open street map and not usual route planner ?  Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Tue 24 Jan 2023, 21:54

That is the route-planner – it just works differently in the app compared to the website. (After all, there wouldn’t be much point simply re-creating the website when you can still use the website.) It’s geared more towards quick route creation, and also following a route when you’re on the move.

You can choose your start/end points by typing in the “Where to?” box at the top left, or by holding your finger down at a point on the map.

You can log in using the “Log in” link, and then access your saved routes with the Routes icon.

You can find out more by clicking ‘Settings’ and then ‘Help’, or on these pages on the website.

Mon 27 Feb 2023, 12:54

I’ve tried the app, but is it me or it does not allow you to choose a suggested circular route? You can choose a circular route on the website but not the app? Thoughts

Mon 27 Feb 2023, 15:29

The app doesn’t yet have the website feature where it’ll suggest a route of a particular length (the “Suggest a ride” button) – though you can of course plan one on the website, save it, then open that in the app.

You can plan an A–B–A circular route on the app though (equivalent to the “Round-trip” button). Just plan the A–B route as normal, then hold your finger down on the destination point (the little red marker) and select “Add return leg”.

In due course I’d like to add the “Suggest a ride” feature to the app but I think it needs a bit of thought as to how best to make ride suggestions, including also the suggested rides to pubs/cafes/overnights etc. Screen space is limited on mobile and you don’t have the page-based layout of a website so it needs a bit of thinking about!