Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

When I "Browse all routes on a map »" I can not click on routes to see more details.

15 Jan 2023
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

This is true on mobile and desktop, most of the time.  Worked on some routes in Spain on Mobile but not on routes on the west coast of north america on Desktop.  I have not done as much testing as I could.  Love the site though.  Seems really helpful.

Comments

Sun 15 Jan 2023, 18:51

It's not really clear to me what "browse all routes on a map" means.

If I want to see my routes on a map they must all be in the one folder (and I believe there is a limit as to how many routes may be in a folder?)

I've just checked on an android mobile and Chromebook and both work as expected, although the mobile has to be in landscape to see the map and the routes. 

I can click on the route on the map or select it from the list.

Hope this helps

Wed 18 Jan 2023, 06:09

I think the poster is referring to "Browse all routes on a map" immediately under "ROUTE GUIDES".

The only clickable routes are the solid bold lines. Dotted lines (e.g., on the west coast of North America) are not clickable / do not have further details available.

Mon 23 Jan 2023, 23:27

Ah! That's a feature I don't use and your observation seems to be correct.

Route Guides seem to be routes that have been made in CT (most likely by Richard himself). As such, I'd imagine they are the most popular and searched for routes. They are easily identifiable on the map by the coloured lines. (It might help to think of them as being on top of the map so they can be saved or modified).

I think the dotted lines being referred to are routes embedded in the underlying map itself. If you look in any country where there is a route from "Route Guides" you will also see other routes in the dotted line format. These aren't clickable as far as I know. Think of these as being "in" the map in the same way a lake is "in" the map. 

What you could do is find out the name of the route - sometimes zooming in will reveal a name or number or a bit of creative Googling can help) and then searching for a gpx of that route. If it's not too long it can be imported into CT - although always be aware that other routes may not be "true" and I think some modification can occur when it is being imported. 

Or simply trace the route by adding viapoints along the way. 

For example, running south from Salt Lake City is a red dotted line labelled 77. There's a lot of info out there on Bike Route 77.

Hope this helps

Sat 4 Feb 2023, 16:54

Couple of things here!

First of all Brad is right – the only clickable lines are the solid ones.

There was also a bit of an issue with the lines being hard to click/tap on mobile. I’ve done some tweaking and that should be easier now.