Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Paid for subscriber can't print PDFs

22 Dec 2022
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Been using Cycle travel for a few years and have always been able download PDFs of the route maps, this time I requested PDF, all options are greyed out except turns list and suggesting if you want to download maps you need to become a subscriber, I have become a subscriber and tried to download a PDF of a route and still got the same options as before. please advise 

Comments

Fri 23 Dec 2022, 19:32

That’s odd. Does it still happen if you log out and in again?

Fri 30 Dec 2022, 14:45

In answer to your question its still doing it and I can find a way to log out.

I don't normally Log out as such as Ive never found the logout button, I usually access Cycle.travel by putting cycle travel in the search and it takes me straight in. I put logout in the search bar and saw that somebody had asked the same question and you advised that log out was at the bottom of the page, well I have been to the bottom of all the pages and still can't find log out. 

Fri 30 Dec 2022, 14:54

It’s at the bottom here:

Sat 31 Dec 2022, 12:04

Thank you I will try logging out and try again to PDF a map

Sat 31 Dec 2022, 13:02

Thanks! Let me know if it doesn’t work.

Sat 31 Dec 2022, 13:08

I have logged out and after some problems with Safari finally got back in, sorry to say the same problem has occurred, any thoughts? 

Sat 31 Dec 2022, 13:29

That’s strange! Sorry for the hassle.

I’ve just made a slight change which might fix it (though it shouldn’t).

If it doesn’t – when you click on the layer icon in the top right of the screen (underneath the scale), do you see the extra maps such as Ordnance Survey?

Sat 31 Dec 2022, 14:11

Thank you don't know what you have done but it is now working. Thanks again Regards

Norman.

Sun 22 Jan 2023, 06:22

Richard, I read this with fascination as I had the same issues but am not a subscriber. Simple question as I can’t seem to find it, how do I become a subscriber? Thanks

Sun 22 Jan 2023, 06:22

Richard, I read this with fascination as I had the same issues but am not a subscriber. Simple question as I can’t seem to find it, how do I become a subscriber? Thanks

Sun 22 Jan 2023, 10:25

Mike, if you look at the bottom of this page you'll see "Our Supporters". Click on that and it will bring up this page https://www.patreon.com/join/cycle_travel

If using a phone you won't see the red banner as often but on a larger device there's a red banner "Become a Supporter" on most pages, including the map page, linking to the same Patreon page.

Sun 29 Jan 2023, 10:22

I also have this issue, though I'm a subscriber via an Apple subscription. I tried logging out/in and different browsers (Chrome and Safari). I can click on the various print options but nothing happens afterwards

Sun 29 Jan 2023, 10:30

Just to add it's probably not an issue with not being recognised as a subscriber - as when I try to print the cue sheets that also doesn't work