Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Issue with renaming a journey

7 May 2021
by easl
in forum cycle.travel
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Hi Richard,

A minor bug report is below. This is my first post so if there is a preferred style for reporting issues, please let me know.

Cheers,
David

--

Renamed journey appears to revert to old name after going back to journey page from map.

Steps to reproduce:

1. On the journeys page, rename a journey.
  2. Click on the journey to view the map.
  3. Click the browser back button to return to the journeys page.
  4. Old journey name is presented. Note however that if the page is refreshed the name comes good.

What should happen:
On returning back to the journeys page the correct journey name should be presented.

Browser: Chrome 90.0.4430.93; OS: Linux

Comments

Mon 10 May 2021, 13:15

Hello. Are you sure this is a bug?

I think using the back btton causes this behaviour. It is leant to come back to an already displayed page in a state it was when you accessed it in "history".

If you want to access the sale page in an updated state, you should use the navigation link which takes you to this page, . It should then normally load a page with current data.

Tue 11 May 2021, 10:05

Hi Angstrom,

Apologies, I should have been clearer that at step 1, after the rename dialog has gone away, the journeys page is updated to reflect the new journey name. The state of the page has changed, so when coming back to it (whether using the Back button or navigation menu) the last state should be reflected.

Not suggesting it's a big deal, BTW - just thought it was worth mentioning in case it's an easy fix or hints at a more general problem that could also affect other things.

David