Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

LEJOG route

27 Jul 2020
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Hello, first off I just want to say this website has to be the best routing website ever... I have been having so much fun with it lately. I am riding LEJOG this coming 20th of August and I am choosing your route. However I have one question about making routes. I have planned the full route and chose the campsites using your feature :) so now I need to make routes for every single day so that I can load them onto my gps device. I can't figure out a way of doing this unfortunately. Essentially what I need to do is delete all waypoints that come after or before the day's route in question so that I can have "day1" "day2" on my gps device. Thank you so much again for this service.

Comments

Tue 28 Jul 2020, 01:58

Hi Moustapha – you can right-click on a via point (or command-click if you’re on a Mac), and you’ll see “Delete before” and “Delete after” options. You can then save the result under a new name.

Tue 28 Jul 2020, 22:24

Oh!! thanks soo much, that solved all the problems I had! Just one more question, what is the total elevation of the whole route? It says 8100m but that seems a bit low...? 

Wed 29 Jul 2020, 10:57

Elevation calculations are a bit of a dark art, but it’s certainly (and intentionally!) a low-climbing route. As a comparison, cycle.travel calculates the total climb for a typical route via the Marches, Warrington and Carlisle as 10500m, so this route is about 25% less.

Thu 13 Aug 2020, 20:22

Excellent info, thanks!
Now I need to figure out how to actually see a list of the points added in place!
I see I can add a point, then add another - which goes before the point I just added....but I cannot see a list of points added, just the 'from' and 'to'.    
Of course, I'm only just starting to use it....it's probably obvious!