Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Best autorouting

9 May 2014
by chris ☕
in forum cycle.travel
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

I have been trying many autorouting apps for cycling over the past few weeks and this is by far the best. So many others take you on off-road tracks when there is a good alternative on minor roads: no good for road bikes. It's also one  of the easiest sites to use. The addition of photos to see the state of any off-road trails etc.is brilliant.

One request - any plans to extend to Europe?

Comments

Fri 9 May 2014, 11:12

Great - glad you like it!

Definitely considering Europe, though it won't be an overnight addition. Are there any countries you'd be particularly interested in?

Sat 10 May 2014, 15:50

I'd just joined to say exactly this. I tried a few pervious routes that I'd done 'by hand' and the results were very close. Plus the drag a waypoint and the snap to new possibilities are very impressive. Good work.

Tue 20 May 2014, 15:00

Glad to hear that you are considering Europe - I guess France, Germany, Holland, Belgium would be a good start! They're closest to home and reasonably cycle-friendly. Eventually I'd like to ride to Greece (one day!).

BTW this comments section doesn't work in IE11 - it just hangs as soon as I start typing. OK in Firefox.

Thu 22 May 2014, 13:50

Just when I thought I’d got IE compatibility sorted…! Thanks, will take a look.

Sun 1 Jun 2014, 11:45
France would be good ,very good site/maps well done Richard
Sat 7 Jun 2014, 08:23

I'd be interested in France, Spain, Portugal and Italy.