Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Suggest a Ride issue

22 Sep 2018
by Mick
in forum cycle.travel
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Hi

I noted their was a issue with Round Trip, that was resolved, but there appears to be an issue with 'Suggest a Ride' option too.

Previously, I could tweak it by clicking on the route and dragging to where I preferred it, or even add a waypoint and drag it across to where required, this is no longer possible.

I can use the Round Trip option without problems.

Thanks in advance for any help

ps this is still the easiest and most intuitive of all to use with many great user friendly options

Comments

Sat 22 Sep 2018, 15:56

That's curious - it works fine for me. Could you give a quick rundown (click-by-click) of what you're doing?

Sun 23 Sep 2018, 20:31

Richard

Thanks for response, the following are actions I undertake

Select Start point
Choose distance
Click on 'Suggest a Ride' button
Select one from suggested routes
Click on part of route I want to move and drag to where I want it (to avoid areas such as a gravel path for road bike), a pop up menu offers 'Add via point - Find photo - Street View - Nearby accommodation'
Choose Add via Point - Nothing happens.

Selecting any of other options will see them function as should  they should e.g. Find photo's etc

If I try same in 'Round Trip' it works perfectly, I can drag track to where I want it and Via Point appears on map automatically, or If I click on route I get the pop up menu 'Add via point - Find photo - Street View - Nearby accommodation'

Mon 24 Sep 2018, 08:58

Ah, I see! Should be fixed now - thanks for spotting that.

Wed 26 Sep 2018, 17:11

Richard

All workings as it should again

Many thanks for the fantastic support