Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Current Status

14 Jul 2016
by leon
in forum cycle.travel
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Hi all, I am not sure how active this site still is.

I am currently doing the PCW over three sessions. Just did the first from Derby to Hebden Bridge (8th and 9th July).

I was cycle camping.

I will write up my experience.

Comments

Fri 21 Apr 2017, 15:14

it would be a shame if it is not still running.

the mapping feature is very useful.

Wed 13 Sep 2017, 16:41

Do many still use this site?

It is a really good resource but doesn't seem very active.

Agree with you John, the mapping is brilliant both for planning and also actually knowing where to ride.

Thu 14 Sep 2017, 10:07

More people using it than ever, I'm happy to say - August was our busiest month yet! But some things have proved popular (the routeplanner and the route guides) and others less so (the city guides and news), so I'm concentrating on the former. Lots to come - watch this space 🙂

Tue 20 Mar 2018, 13:16

We were hoping for some guidance, my cycling buddy and I are planning this in late June this year, commencing from Berwick as we live near to Derby, he is on a MTB but I have a hybrid with 28mm tyres,  am I being too optimistic?

We hope to cover 80 miles a day, again wh ich is possibly too much but we did 70 miles a day c2c in 2016 on same bikes, love any advice mick

Sun 24 Jun 2018, 22:13

Hi to Leon and also to Zfg Fzg

I'm cycle camping the whole PCW from north to south in a couple of weeks. Any recommendations about campsites would be welcome. Also how did you get on with the 80 mile days? I'm on a hybrid and thinking of about 75 miles a day if I can.

Wed 18 Jul 2018, 22:22

My ride report for the PCW (3rd July 2018) is here.

Mon 27 Aug 2018, 13:56

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for your report. It give me an important insight into cycling in the UK. I'm planning to travel from Harwich (from the ferry terminal) to South Wales next May.