Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

pdf

29 Apr 2015
by subandean
in forum cycle.travel
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Does the route pdf function work?

I find the pdf function very erratic; I have managed to download two pdf's and one of those produced a strip of map so thin as to be near useless. Most time I try  I get a window of a cyclists 'preparing pdf' which runs indefinitely.

Comments

Sat 2 May 2015, 18:35

It does - or at least it should do! Which journeys are you finding it's not working for?

Mon 4 May 2015, 20:13

Richard

On re-trying I have not had any problem. Previously on selecting pdf I was getting the occasion success but otherwise a box with a cyclist saying it was preparing that never closed.

I have some duplicated routes that I would like to delete; can you tell me how to do this?

I think it is a very useful site

Wed 6 May 2015, 08:35

Glad it's working!

You can delete journeys by going to 'My bike' (top right), then click 'Journeys' and use the little trash icon.

Wed 6 May 2015, 12:39

Am I missing somethings as on the My bike page I see City Guides and Latest Journeys but not Journeys and a trash icon.

I am using Safari on a Mac.

Wed 6 May 2015, 19:12

Top of the page, under the green navbar, says your name then (on the right) 'Travelogue, Journeys, Profile' - click Journeys. Looks ok on Safari here!

Sat 9 May 2015, 22:42

I see my name but the remainder is blank. I am using Yosemite 10.10.1.

Sun 10 May 2015, 08:43

I think you've got your text size set to something larger than Safari's default (on the View menu), which is breaking the layout and causing some parts of the page not to be shown. With the standard size it looks fine for me, but if I select 'Zoom Text Only' then zoom in, I get the same effect you do.

I'll see if there's any way of changing it at this end, but until then, you should be able to get it looking right by zooming out again.

Sun 10 May 2015, 18:02

Richard

The zoom recommendation - it has resolved this

thank you

Sun 10 May 2015, 20:21

Excellent! Glad it worked and sorry for the hassle.