Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Closed route

Sunday 7 January
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Rather annoyingly A cycle travel route led me down a private road that was closed off, today leaving me with either a lengthy detour or as scramble, with my road bike on a very steep muddy path (up to a busy main road). How do I report this part of a route being closed to the public? It was Titsey Place in Surrey. Really the only way north was thr devil of a hill, Chalk pit Lane, (which is what the circular route Cyclestreets had plotted for me, took me down)

the route is here

https://cycle.travel/map/journey/520164

Comments

Mon 8 Jan, 13:32

This is the entrance opposite Pilgrims way. The gate at the other side was similar. Defintely no entry.

Mon 8 Jan, 13:52

Really I think I should have turned back, when I saw the grounds are all closed off, gone up the neighbouring Titsey Rd then right along Pilgrims Ln and up Rectory Ln. for a more gentle incline. It's all big killer hills round here! difficult to avoid them.

Thu 11 Jan, 17:33

Thanks and sorry it sent you on a blind alley – that hill looks brutal! The estate road wasn’t marked as private in OpenStreetMap (which c.t uses as its mapping data source). I’ve fixed that and it’ll reflect in c.t with the next data update shortly.

Wed 14 Feb, 11:36

Thanks Richard.