I have just returned from a 1,300 mile ride through England, Spain and France during which I relied heavily on the Cycle.Travel website for safe routing and on the app for navigation. The routing is outstanding for bicycle touring and the app is very good but could be improved Here are my suggestions:
1. The route that is available directly from the home screen should be the one most recently opened on the current device (not the one most recently created or edited on the website).
2. Clicking on Routes button should reopen the most recently opened folder (instead of always going back to top level).
3. Allow user to sort routes alphabetically or by time last opened on current device.
4. Provide button on map for switching orientation between North up and Heading up.
5. Allow direction announcements to be both on-screen *and* spoken
6. Make it easier to adjust volume of spoken announcements. (My attempts generally resulted in adjustment of iPhone’s *ringer* volume.)
7. Partner with Hammerhead to support synchronization of routes (similar to existing “Send to Garmin Connect” option).
Thank you, and keep up the good work!