Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Showing distance along the route

29 Mar 2022
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Hello

I'm wondering if it is possible to alter the distance between markers along a route?

I've created a 300 odd mile route and whatever zoom level I'm at in the map the distance markers seem to be 10 miles apart. My recollection from previously is that this can be altered to say 5 miles or whatever you want. I can't find any setting for this however so maybe I'm just imagining the facility?!  Thank you for any help.

Comments

Wed 30 Mar 2022, 22:51

You’re not imagining it – or not really! Generally it’s zoom level-dependent, so at the highest zoom levels it’s every mile, then as you zoom out it’s every 5, 10, 20 and so on.

But for a longer route (over 300 miles), it limits it to every 10 miles. That’s essentially because it starts to get pretty slow calculating/displaying the milepoints on a really long route. If you break the route up into smaller routes (one per day) it’ll be down to every mile again.

Sun 3 Apr 2022, 13:22

Ah... So I'm not going mad! Thanks for the explanation. I'll split the route by days - and given my advancing years I'll probably easily get down to markers every mile :-)