Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Printing Route Maps

19 May 2019
by Rich L
in forum cycle.travel
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Hi

Is there a way when printing route maps to make them auto scale to the width of the A4 paper? I have tried the Local Scale, Touring Scale and Long Distance Scale but it won't fit the page width. However, when you create a custom downloadable pdf map that scales perfectly.

Thanks

Comments

Tue 21 May 2019, 21:57

Not at present I’m afraid! Though you could always use the scale feature of your PDF reader – i.e. print it at 150% (or whatever) to enlarge the map.

Mon 27 May 2019, 16:41

Hi 

Thanks for reply. Yes that does work but was wondering if there was a way for it not to split up the maps into tiles so that it produces just one map. Also, is there a way for yellow mile markers to be included on the pdf map?

Tue 30 Jul 2019, 13:26

Hi Richard.

Would it not be possible to select a window around your route, prior to producing the pdf, similar to when you create a custom pdf map from the home page? If it could produce one pdf map instead of tiles it would be great. I know that you would lose detail on a large route but that could be split up.

Thanks for such a great programme.

Tue 30 Jul 2019, 17:34

100% possible, yes! I just haven’t had the time to do it yet but will do so in due course. 

Tue 30 Jul 2019, 17:54

Thanks Richard, I knew you could do it :-)