Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Voice navigation prompts

26 Apr 2019
by Derek
in forum cycle.travel
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Hello,

Does the downloaded GPX file from cycle.travel contain any indications about voice navigation prompts for the client navigation device. I'm using Android Locus Map Pro, but the voice navigation commands are not in the right place for the turnings. Is there a better way of doing this?

Thanks

Comments

Tue 30 Apr 2019, 11:19

As standard it puts the turn instructions on the junctions. But if you export a format that includes instructions (GPX route or TCX, but not GPX track) then you should see a little option for “Announce turns in advance”: you can tick that, and it’ll move the instructions a few metres back in each case, so they appear before the turn.

Mon 1 Mar 2021, 12:28

Hello, 

Same question as above but for a Wahoo Elemnt, recently downloaded a couple of routes as GPX. The files downloaded work on what i hear people refer to as a breadcrumb style but not turn by turn directions, is this available and I am missing it / downloading the wrong file? 

Thanks, 
Holly

Mon 1 Mar 2021, 20:18

Hi Holly – worth trying downloading the route in TCX format, maybe? That includes turn-by-turn directions if the Wahoo picks up on them.