Become a supporter
Revised version of my Thornton Heath to West London route, now that Hammersmith Bridge has reopened and CS9 is (nearly) finished.
- Avoid Streatham Common rookery hilltop.
- Use path to go alongside A23 to Streatham Common (Northside) crossing.
- Tooting Common uses the designated route. Unpaved surfaces in places.
- Wandsworth Common, stay west of the tracks but avoid the narrow "ponds" path - diagonally across to Q4 path near Lyford Road.
- Use Hammersmith Bridge instead of Wandsworth (note - there's a nasty gap in the riverside path Putney Bridge south side, be careful here; surfaces past Barn Elms are unpaved and can be muddy at times).
- Use CS9 instead of Hammersmith riverside. Still under construction at time of writing but should be a few weeks from completion.
Fastish flattish route from Crystal Palace to Blackfriars Bridge.
Can take the road at Herne Hill or go through Brockwell park if preferred.
Leisurely route from East Croydon to the Waterlink via Park Hill Park, Lloyd Park, Ashburton Fields.
Route from East Croydon to the Waterlink Way at South Norwood Country Park - fairly direct with a bit of main road, mostly quiet streets.
How to find an Overground train home to Crystal Palace, South Norwood, Penge, Anerley or Croydon after a day out on the Waterlink Way.