Become a supporter
A shorter version of the Waterlink route, return via Southwark low traffic streets. Some of the best bits of the Waterlink Way (Cator Park, River Pool Linear Park, Ladywell Fields), but a manageable 12-13 miles with lots of parks and a few hills, suitable for confident riders age 8+.
Highly recommend a stop for lunch or a pint or three at the Ivy House pub on Stuart Road (great pizzas & easy cycle parking). On the way back there's the café at Dulwich Park, the Greyhound pub or Au Ciel on Dulwich Square to top up blood sugar levels before the big College Road hill climb.
Longer route around Selhurst, Woodside, Ashburton & South Norwood. Lots of parks and greenery.
The map is wrong at Birchanger Road - you can go through Brickfields Meadow here instead of along the road, and you come out on Woodside Green, cross over there towards Ashburton Park.
A circuit of central Croydon on mostly family friendly infra. Some parts under construction.
Revised version of my Thornton Heath to West London route, now that Hammersmith Bridge has reopened and CS9 is (nearly) finished.
- Avoid Streatham Common rookery hilltop.
- Use path to go alongside A23 to Streatham Common (Northside) crossing.
- Tooting Common uses the designated route. Unpaved surfaces in places.
- Wandsworth Common, stay west of the tracks but avoid the narrow "ponds" path - diagonally across to Q4 path near Lyford Road.
- Use Hammersmith Bridge instead of Wandsworth (note - there's a nasty gap in the riverside path Putney Bridge south side, be careful here; surfaces past Barn Elms are unpaved and can be muddy at times).
- Use CS9 instead of Hammersmith riverside. Still under construction at time of writing but should be a few weeks from completion.
Fastish flattish route from Crystal Palace to Blackfriars Bridge.
Can take the road at Herne Hill or go through Brockwell park if preferred.