Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Android app: zooming in closes app

Sunday 5 May
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Today when I zoom into the map (fingers stretching it) the app (v1.2) suddenly closes. I don't think this used to happen?!

However I don't think the app does actually close as it is still in the active apps tray, but it seems that the window closes. This happens at the same zoom point every time and fails consistently have stopped and restarted the app and having restarted the phone.

Comments

Mon 6 May, 12:51

Is this while you have a particular route open, or when zooming in on a particular location?

Mon 13 May, 00:55

I am having the same issue, running Google Pixel 8 Pro, Android 14 Build AP21.240216.010.

For me it happens when zooming in both on the map and on any route. This seems to happen many places, especially around densely populated areas.  For example: every time i zoom in on Blindern, Oslo, the app instantly crashes.

Thu 16 May, 09:39

Thanks for spotting this. I think this might be a bug in Maplibre, the map display library that cycle.travel uses. I’ve upgraded to the latest version of Maplibre and the problem around Blindern has gone away.

I’ve just pushed an update (1.3.1) to the Play Store with this new version and hopefully it’ll come through before long.