Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Geo localisation

Friday 19 April
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Hy

I can't see my position on the map since few days... 

Am I the only one?

Thanks

Comments

Sat 20 Apr, 07:42

Nono, you don't say if you are referring to the website or the App. For the App, IOS or Android would be useful info.

On the website my location is visible and it is also working on my Android App.

I suggest you look under "Settings" and try to locate ;-)  the 'Location' settings. On my Android phone it's under 'Privacy Protection'. Ditto on whatever device you use to access the website.

These other posts may help:

https://cycle.travel/post/4329

https://cycle.travel/post/5164

Sat 20 Apr, 10:12

Thanks

Sat 20 Apr, 10:32

I m on the app android...

It worked for years

Setting is loc enabled.. 

Sat 20 Apr, 11:56

The app has only been available for less than a year?

There are two levels of 'location' - at least in my experience and I'm not sure which one you are referring to. 

One is on the setting menu if I swipe down. A simple on/off option.

The location I was referring to earlier is found under security/privacy headings. This is normally attributed to specific apps or websites and is different to the generic location on/off. 

Perhaps check another app/website that uses location such as Google Maps to check.

In any case, it seems like the issue is more to do with your phone/settings than CT. 

Sat 20 Apr, 13:35

Ok thanks

Cycle travel is the best app for long distance biking. 

It leads me through places make me feel I m lost.. 

However Sometimes in high density areas I use Garmin which traces are 20 % longer

But more safe cause they use other biker 's habits

Sat 20 Apr, 20:34

Android seems to do this sometimes, I’m not sure why – as Hobbes says there have been related reports in the past. It might be worth removing the app and installing it again. I’ll do a bit more hunting but I’ve not been able to track anything down so far.