Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Sharing routes

Thursday 28 March
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

I've planned routes for a cycling holiday I can't now go on .... broken leg!

I would like to share the routes with the friends I was going with and I was planning to suggest to them that they download the app and then given them the route names to find.

So I thought I'd try on my husband's phone just to make sure it works and have installed the app.  It says log in to load routes .. does that mean he needs to create a log in on a PC before he can use the app?

Comments

Thu 28 Mar, 18:22

I've got past that hurdle now but can't see how to access my planned (and public) routes on his log in?  

Thu 28 Mar, 22:55

Ann, I think you might be overthinking this,

https://cycle.travel/map/journey/512398 is one of your routes. Simply open the route in CT, copy the url and send it to your friends. They can open it in CT (on the website), save it for themselves, then use it in the app if that's what they want. 

Alternatively, your husband can tap on your name and access your (public) routes, save them for his own account and from there to the app.

Sorry to hear about your leg. There's always next year. And everyone will owe you! 

Fri 29 Mar, 12:34

Ah thank you.  I'll try those solutions.  Trying to make it easy for my friends who i think will want to use phones to navigate. 

Sat 30 Mar, 08:27

Ann, spoonfeeding your friends could turn out to be counterproductive. Doing everything for them could well leave them without the ability (or confidence) to cope in the event of something going awry. 

Sun 7 Apr, 18:17

Hi!  On a similar topic... I wanted to share a route I have (my private one) on my IPhone with my partner who has an Android.   When I click the save button, I get the options to share with friends, and the option to receive from friends.  She does not have these on Android. Am I missing something? Could it be that my routes are private?

Mon 8 Apr, 00:01

Lorraine there are different levels of functionality between the different apps. The IOS version was out first and is, I believe, more advanced. 

The simplest way to send your route to your partner is to check that it's not private (glasses, not sunglasses), open the route on the website, copy the URL and send it to them. On opening it, they can save it to their account and have access to it on their app. 

If you share an account they should be able to just open it in the app?

Mon 8 Apr, 01:24

Great. Thanks!