Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Update map data ?

Friday 22 March
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Hi I live in Victotia BC, Canada. I just started using your site. The cycle route mapper does not include many new AAA cycle lanes added in the last few years. Can you update?  

Comments

Sat 23 Mar, 15:55

Terry, CT uses Open Street Mapping as its source. It's a community type map that we are all free to edit - so long as we know what we are doing. I'd suggest attempting updating them yourself or contacting the AAA and encouraging them to do the same. 

If the AAA have gpx versions of these routes you can import them into CT for your own personal use. 

However, CT may be 'aware' of these cycle lanes but chooses not to use them either because the data may not be complete or it has decided that they are not the 'best' way to go where you want to go. You could try using the new "Route" feature that tries to use official bike paths and routes. 

Alternatively, by adding viapoints you can adjust the route to your heart's content.

As a subscriber you receive access to additional maps. This is the OpenCycle Map of BC which highlights bike routes more than the CT version.