Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

See all my journeys on map

Sunday 18 February
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Hi guys!

I am new to cycle travel, stumbled upon it and am surprised that I did not know of it before. I have been using Bikemap.net but am a bit frustrated with it and find that CT seems to be better at a number of things.

I have so far found the possibility to plan routes, upload GPX and even connect to Garmin connect so thats fine. And I have also seen that I can see all routes in a folder displayed on a non-full screen map.

However, what I have been missing is the possibility to see all my routes in the full screen map. What I want to be able to do is to have all my routes, ridden as well as planned, displayed, and with the possibility to flick on and off folders. 

The whole idea came when I sat down one evening to try to plan a new multi-day expedition. And I have been doing quite a few around Sweden. So the question came: "But where have I been biking already?" and "Where have I NOT been". So I started to try to find a tool that would allow me to display all routes on a map and found Gaia-maps. The result is here: https://www.gaiagps.com/public/ujyE00Vtl0CS2S2sVgc61Zq8/

Now, obviously, CT is a lot better for planning cycle trips, and I really appreciate the route guides and the display of them on a map.

But if it would be possible to have something similar for my own routes, with possibility to flick on and off ridden vs planned, or even better, different folders, that would be amazing. I see the problem of having them displayed while also allowing the planning of a new route, but that would be the optimal solution, so that I can see all ridden routes at the same time as I plan a new one... :-)

Comments

Sun 7 Apr, 18:23

Love this idea too. Especially useful where you have travelled multiple routes!

Mon 8 Apr, 20:27

Go to My bike/Journeys.
Make a folder.
Put all your journeys in the folder.
Now you can show all your journeys on a map.
It is not full screen, but ist is a start.

Tue 9 Apr, 04:19

Peter M, That is amazing. That totally works for me. I did not know you could do that.