Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Adding to city routes

25 Nov 2023
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

I have a number of routes that I have prepared/collected for specific towns/cities which I would be happy to share but I cannot see how to move then from my route collection to the the particular Cities page. Any suggestions on how to do this? Thank you in advance for your help.

Comments

Wed 29 Nov 2023, 03:20

I'd be interested in seeing those routes! To share them on the Cities page, there should be an option to create a new topic on the relevant city forum. You can paste or describe your routes there for others to check out.

Wed 29 Nov 2023, 13:41

Tracycle, there appears to be such a function.

Not being in the UK this is not a feature I'm familiar with but it's always interesting to explore.

For an existing city route it appears that this functionality exists.

Taking Ripon as a completely random example I can make a post, classify it according to certain headings and even include one of my own routes.

Now, how to go about creating a whole new town or city is beyond my paygrade and given that CT operates in more and more countries I'm sure that it's on a to-do list somewhere but I'd imagine it's a pretty big job that needs a lot of thought. 

Fri 1 Dec 2023, 09:22

Thanks for checking that out :)

Sat 2 Dec 2023, 13:38

Thank you tracycle and HobbesOnTour, I will 'play' with this a bit more. Happy trails!

Sat 2 Dec 2023, 14:09

I can select (some) routes I have already planned in my (Sedbergh) Travelogue but these options are not available as for just route posting. I seem to have to plan the route again, not impossible but certainly time consuming. I wonder if this could be a feature request for the revised 'City' section?

Sat 2 Dec 2023, 18:03

Derek, I'm a bit confused. 

I can see that if I choose "Share your best rides about town" I will be brought to a page that requires me to create a route as opposed to link/import one.

However, if  choose "Post tips for local cyclists", select "Write Something" then I am on the page mentioned above with the option to import any one of my saved routes.

Is this what you are using to post the routes you can?

If it's a case that you can only post some of your saved routes perhaps check that none are marked as private?

Failing all that, you could consider simply posting the URL of the desired route along with some text to describe it. You can do that using the  symbol in the toolbar above

Sun 3 Dec 2023, 09:40

Thank you HobbesOnTour, I very much appreciate this!