Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Garmin Edge 2 Question

19 Oct 2023
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Thought  someone  here would have  some  interesting. 

Considering the above  Garmin as a replacement  for our 800. It comes with US maps. What is involved  in adding say maps of Europe? 

Comments

Thu 19 Oct 2023, 13:07

Explore 2

Thu 19 Oct 2023, 14:05

Hi Kathy. You should be able to find free maps. May I suggest that you start with this thread, where I asked a similar question   https://cycle.travel/post/4185 

Basically it's then just a matter of pasting the map file into your Garmin.

Fri 20 Oct 2023, 09:50

Kathy, given that you seem to spend a lot of time on the road, you may wish to consider an alternative that does not need a computer to set up and maintain. 

I have used Wahoo on a pretty long, multi year journey and can update, manage maps and change settings via my android phone.

Maps are simpler than the usual Garmins but work perfectly fine for me. I have better quality maps on my phone, should I need them. All are available for download at any time from anywhere.

There is a straightforward and offline ability to combine with Osmand as well, in case of emergency.

Fri 20 Oct 2023, 14:33

Hobbies 

I was under the impression that a route could  be made,using Cycle  Travel, on a phone then downloaded to the Explore? Am I missing something? 

Fri 23 Feb, 13:14

The new Garmin arrived!  Now it time to play around with it!