Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

forest road closed by a barrier

10 Oct 2023
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

A month ago, I did a bike tour usind CT for planning and was really stunned by how good the proposed route was! We just faced one challenge: a forest route that started nicely but was closed by a barrier and showed clear "no entrance" signs. As this was not documented on OSM, there would have been no way C.T would know of this. Therefore, I edited OSM changing the type of the road to "private" and adding the barriers. 

Now that the OSM updates are take over in C.T, I tried to see if I would be directed through a different way, but C.T still wants me to take the "private" section and cross the closed barriers

https://cycle.travel/map/journey/501019

the closed section is between km 5 and 7, and there are barriers at the crossing with D469, which are visible on C.T map

Comments

Tue 10 Oct 2023, 14:09

Hi Cécile – it takes several days for the map update to finish I’m afraid. Once the new display maps are done (in a couple of hours from now) then the routing has to be re-calculated. That’ll take another couple of days and it should all be live after that.

Tue 10 Oct 2023, 14:31

OK ! great! Il retry in a week or 2 then :-)

Tue 10 Oct 2023, 15:01

I’ll post here when it’s done!

Thu 12 Oct 2023, 10:05

The maps and routing are now fully updated. 

Wed 25 Oct 2023, 15:10

I rechecked, it works, c.t does not route me anymore through the closed road :-)