Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map My

uploading a gpx file into cycle.travel

Friday 22 July
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Is there a way of uploading a gpx file into cycle.travel?

I've had a look round the site but not found any obvious way of doing so.

Comments

Fri 22 Jul 2016, 23:19

There isn’t yet but (whisper it) I’ve been working on this and I’m hopeful it should be available in the next couple of weeks.

Tue 13 Dec 2016, 15:10

Hi,

I've been trying to do this as well. Is there any update on this becoming possible?

Thanks.

Wed 4 Jan, 15:10

It's now up and running - experimentally. Click 'My 🚲' , then 'Journeys', then 'Upload'. You can then upload a GPX and it'll convert it into a cycle.travel journey.

There's a few provisos which are listed on that page, but have a go and let me know how you get on!

Fri 13 Jan, 16:46

I think the ability to upload files is going to be really useful - especially getting a route and then finding nearby accommodation. So I have had a go. On one file (a 100k route) it worked fine.

On the second it would only work if I reduced the number of trackpoints from 1000 to 500....not sure what effect this has on the route then produced. For reference it is this route. http://www.gpsies.com/map.do?fileId=kfsruszylmvmlrdq

Not sure whether this is a particularly large file but the ability to import a multiday file could be a benefit.