Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Feedback

7 May 2014
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

First of all, congratulations on the site. Well thought out, the route and city guides are very helpful, and the map styling is without a doubt the best I've encountered anywhere. If only I could get that clarity on my GPS...

There are a couple of things though that I wanted to raise:

Overall though, a great piece of work that I'm actually enjoying using, rather than feeling I'm constantly fighting against. Well done, and thank you!

Comments

Wed 7 May 2014, 21:04

Thanks for the comments - really useful stuff!

I've just reworked the GPX download such that (assuming you have a recent-ish browser) you no longer need to save the route first. Hopefully this'll be useful; in the medium term public/private is definitely a good idea.

Over the past few days, a lot of the via point handling has changed too, and hopefully you'll find this a bit more intuitive. The start/end points now appear distinctly (start is green, end is red with a chequered flag) and the via points are numbered. You can add a via point either by just dragging the route, or by clicking it and choosing 'add via point', then dragging that.

But I suspect there might be more that could/should be done, particularly in the area of extending the route. Let me know how it works for you!

Tue 24 Jun 2014, 15:19

Richard,

Sorry for the delay in responding - I've been away with work and then on a short tour from Croatia (Pula) round to Venice. Planning that on Garmin's Basecamp with OFM made me realise just how much I'd come to appreciate cycle.travel for UK planning! 

Great to hear some changes have already been made, I'll post more feedback as I continue to use the site.

Colin