Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Folders under Jouneys tab

3 Jun 2017
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Hi

Would it be possible for you to allow users to create folders under the Journeys tab so multi day cycle tours can be saved in different folders?

Great site

Mike

Comments

Fri 9 Jun 2017, 08:55

Now done! Hope it works for you.

Fri 9 Jun 2017, 18:03
Fantastic, Thanks very much Richard
Fri 9 Jun 2017, 18:14

Hi Richard
Slight issue with the folders. When your in a folder, the page number tab is still linked to the master folder. This only becomes apparent when you add more 20 lines in a folder and select page 2.

Mike

Fri 16 Jun 2017, 09:15

Hi Richard, I am having the same problem, also if I create a new route and do Save it asks me which folder I want to save it to, that works fine but if I then quit the site and then go back to the site or navigate back to the (no folder) page and choose Journeys it lists my folders ok, if I then click to expand a folder it lists the routes fine but if I click on say Hide a route it always takes me back to the (no folder) page rather than stay on the folder I expanded. Hope that makes sense.

Steve

Tue 20 Jun 2017, 22:17

Oops – spot on in both cases. Hopefully both the page number tab and the ‘hide a route’ icon should now remember which group you were looking at. Sorry for the hassle.

Thu 22 Jun 2017, 10:50

Hi Richard, thanks for the update all works great. One thing sort of related is that I have noticed is that since moving my routes to different folder the route list icons are not in line, the trash icon is pushed onto a new line but only on the first page and not all folders?, I don't think it is because the route names are too long (Win7 PC & Chrome browser used), see image:-

Fri 28 Jul 2017, 11:04

OK now all in line, thanks.

Sun 4 Mar 2018, 09:52

Hi Richard

Can I request a few edits to the named folders options?

When a named folder is selected in opens ordered by Date as the default. If the order by Name is selected it takes you back to the master folder. If you then select order by Date you remain in the default folder and are not taken back to the named folder.

Would it also be possible to change the name of a ride without having to use "save as"? This would a allow a change of name of a ride in the middle of a multi day ride and keep the chronological order of the rides in sequence.

Thanks very much Richard

Mike

Wed 7 Mar 2018, 09:44

A minor detail: distance in journey table is shown in Miles, irrespective of the option to use Km set in the user's profile.