Route GuidesRoutes City GuidesCities Map Log in

Syncing a saved route from my Mac to my iPhone

Sunday 28 April
Find a better bike route. Try our map & route-planner »

Become a supporter

Hi everyone

I am a beginner on this highly reccomended site and I have planed and saved my route on my Mac computer but can't seem to get it on my iPhone. It's not showing on my downloaded routes. Any ideas please

Comments

Sun 28 Apr, 11:13

June there is a difference between having access to your routes in the app and downloading them to the app.

First of all, the app on your phone should be for the same account (email address) as on your Mac. That being the case, you should be able to see all your created routes by tapping on the 'Routes' icon. So long as you have an internet connection you should be able to open any route and navigate it. 

Note: There may be an issue with routes that are labelled as 'private'. If you open 'my' page, go to 'Journeys' you can see the status of your routes. 'Regular' glasses denote public routes, 'Sunglasses' denote private. If you cannot see particular routes in the app check that they are 'public'

Downloaded routes are different and are designed to be accessed, loaded and used offline. 

Tap the 'routes' option, select the route you want and long press. You should see an option to 'Download to phone' (Be careful! The other option is to delete!) The route is now downloaded to your phone. 

For full functionality you may also need to download the relevant maps. To do that, go to 'Settings', choose 'Offline Map' and download the relevant square(s). Now you should be able to access that route offline and follow it to the destination all without internet. 

However, at the end of the day, so long as you have an internet connection any route created in your account on the Mac should be available on the app.

Sun 28 Apr, 12:41

I think this might be because you’ve set up two different accounts – one with the app, one on the website.

If you use Apple’s ‘Hide my email address’ feature when logging in to the app, cycle.travel can’t log you into your existing c.t account which uses your email address.

Would you like me to merge the two?

Mon 29 Apr, 04:23

Thank you for your comments - most appreciated.

I have got it working now - I signed in using Gmail instead of Apple and that did the trick!